Saturday 6 July 2013

REVIEW: Maison Martin Margiela: Replica - Beach Walk




Beach Walk from the Replica fragrance collection by Maison Martin Margiela is beautiful. It's the perfume I'd been eyeing up for months, since last summer, when I first tried it. And since then, I've been taking advantage of the testers every time I go shopping! It's a bit expensive, at £60/€75 for 100ml, especially since it doesn't come in any other sizes, but I finally decided to get it, and I'm SO glad I did. It's a beautiful perfume, from the packaging to the scent itself.

Starting from the outside, the boxes for all of the Replica range are lovely. They're really simple, just white with a label describing the fragrance. Beach Walk has a picture of a girl on a beach on the label, and it's exactly the image that comes to mind when you smell the perfume. The bottle is beautiful, again very simple, which I love!
The perfume itself is interesting. It's definitely one of my favourite perfumes ever, without a doubt. It's unlike any other perfume I've tried, in that it's not exactly perfume-y. I'd describe it as more like "how you'd like your skin to smell naturally". It's not very floral or citrusy or anything, just a really nice fresh scent. It's clean, but also very warm, and it really does smell of a day at the beach, sitting under the sun with salty hair and sandy skin. I think now is the right time to get it, because it really is a summer scent, if you're considering it. It makes me feel like I'm on the beach whenever I smell it!
Another great thing about it is that it's by Martin Margiela, the man who's been called the Banksy of fashion because nobody knows who he is. Very cool.

Photo was edited on Microsoft Office Picture Manager and Pixlr, using it's 'Hagrid' filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment